- 4 pears
- 500ml sweet wine (e.g. Muscadelle)
- 200g brown sugar
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean
- Peel of 1 lemon
1. Wash and peel the pears.
2. Pour all the ingredients into a large saucepan and boil over medium heat for around 30 minutes. Stir from time to time to allow the pears to absorb the flavours from all sides.
3. When the pears are cooked, remove from the heat and allow them to cool down completely.
4. Put in the fridge and leave for one night in order to absorb even more flavour.
5. You can serve the pears alone or with anything you like (vanilla ice cream, custard, hot chocolate, whipped cream).