Ingredients for 6 people:
- 600ml double cream
- 100g sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 5 passion fruits
- 2 additional passion fruits to decorate (optional)
1. Extract the pulp of the 5 passion fruits and sieve the pulp to separate the seeds from the juice. Add the lime juice. Keep aside.
2. In a saucepan, heat the cream and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Make sure the cream does not boil since bringing it to a boil will change its flavour significantly.
3. Remove from the heat and add the fruits juice to the mix. You will see how the mixture thickens considerably.
4. Allow it to cool down for around 10 minutes.
5. Pour the mixture in 6 individual moulds and keep in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
6. To serve, top the pots with some additional passion fruit pulp.
This recipe is inspired by a Mary Berry’s recipe from her Foolproof Cooking programme